Monday, January 12, 2009

This, that and the other

Here are a few videos of Abby.... the first is Abby building a stack with her blocks. She can actually build them a lot higher then in this video, but it just makes me think how incredibly fast she is growing up. The second, only watch if you don't mind being annoyed. Its one of her mini-tantrums. This is what happened soon after the first video because she kept wanting to watch it on the camera over and over. I think its funny, but doesn't even come close to a real tantrum where in last week she got ticked, ran over to her baby stroller, lifted it above her head and chucked it, among other things. She inherited my temper I suppose.

As a side note, Seth, Luke and I went horse back riding again but the experience this time was a lot different. Just a few highlights were....my horse Bella kept kicking other horses in the face, then when she would come up on their back side she would bite them. I had a really hard time controlling her. It was 30 degrees, and we went for a four hour ride which turned into a 5+ ride, due to an another "experienced rider" or so he said (he was also about 65) fell off his horse once, got his foot stuck in the stirrup, losing his shoe and almost getting stepped on. Then a few minutes later getting bucked high into the air and landing flat on his back (we were surprised he got up). He kept on insisting on one more try but the guide said he was not running a rodeo. Then switching out the horse for another(which was nice because then I switched too), the man promptly getting on the new horse and it taking off on his own agenda because the guy was a goof and was flailing on its back like an dope. Not being able to trot or run the whole time due to the aforementioned. Then near the end his wife another "experienced rider" fell off her horse. It made for a long, miserable ride. But I still enjoy it and want to go back!

2 comments:

Maegan said...

Sounds like I could get a job as an "experienced" rider! Sign me up. I'll try to only fall once!

Abby is getting soo big soo fast!

Sarah said...

Sounds like an adventure riding horses! Kind of makes me laugh.

And her little tantrum made me laugh too, although I wouldn't be laughing if it was my girls (and when it is them! blah!)

Blog Archive