Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Walking in the rain...March For Babies

First off I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you to all those who donated to my walk this year. My expectations were surpassed thanks to everyone's generosity. Thanks to you, I raised $165.00. Way above my goal. Thanks. Its a great cause.
It was a awesome day despite the rain. There were a ton of people there, all with their own reasons for being there. Several had made shirts with birth dates and weights of their children who have survived and who did not make it. It was really hard to see so many people who have had such tragedy in their lives. It brought back a lot of memories of when Abby was born and the emotions that came with her early birth.
My sister Cassidee came with me and we made a day of it. We got there and it was raining so I decided not to take my camera on the actual walk, so I wouldn't ruin it. But we took a few pics before and after by the car. They had some booths set up and did a group warm up to blaring High school Musical music and despite the cheesiness it was a lot fun. We started at nine and Cass and I jumped to the front of the pack. We walked our 3.5 miles, chatted and got rained on most of the time. Honestly I was surprised we were not more wet given the amount of time it rained and misted. It was kind of funny because at one of the water booths they were handing out candy bars too. We were like yeah that's what we want we are all sweaty and working out, how bout a nice candy bar..hello what were they thinking? We were some of the first to finish and they had some festivities set up but we decided to forgo that part of it. Luckily we did because it was like another .5-.75 mile to our car and then it started to really come down.
Doing this has really motivated me to do more things like it. Not necessarily fund raise every time but to do more 5k/10k etc. I cannot wait until next year. Thanks again.Cass getting ready to walk A kind of awkward pic, you cannot really tell how wet I was. It was like spending the morning at sea world.
A big thumbs up for a good cause


Cass and I, we both look awesome, can you tell we kinda rolled out of bed and came?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I so proud of you... :)

THE BELLS said...

No at sea world you would be scraping salt off your legs!

My sisters SOOOO proud.

Kristina said...

Way to go!!!

andi said...

That's the best way to go! I didn't end up making it because of the rain, darn it. I'm glad you went!!

Blog Archive