Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finally! Graduation!

3 and a half years after Seth started back to school he has finally GRADUATED!!!!! It was a long haul of late nights, long weekends and a lot of sacrifice, on everyone's part, but I am so proud of him. This is the first time he has ever "Walked" at a graduation. It took a little prodding but he went. He officially has his Masters Degree in Executive Business with a Certificate in Asian Studies. Its a mouthful but, wow a Masters! Now hopefully it will lead him to a good job :) It was actually a little emotional, at least for me, to see him cross that stage. He worked really hard going to school, being a father and husband, working full time and having a church calling. I honestly don't know how he did it. It was a good night.  I didn't know when you receive your Masters Degree you get  Hooded. Meaning when he crossed the stage they put his hood on for him making him officially a member of the HOOD. At least that's what I call it :) You can see that in the video below. I thought it was interesting.

After the ceremony we went back to Seth's parents place for a celebration. They decorated the house and had a wonderful dinner of steak and shrimp to congratulate him. They also surprised him with a few presents. He didn't know people gave presents for graduation, so I had to explain to him that it is pretty standard practice. However what they gave was not. He opened accessories and such to an iPad and then, got an iPad. I know right? Holy freaking cow. Made his graduating even more worth it. It was a wonderful and thoughtful gift that has now become a staple in his life and also the kids. He has to wrestle it from them at times. Its really funny how well a 2 year old can work one.

There would be more pictures but, of course my camera died. We took a few on the iPad but they are not so good, thus this is what you get.

Congratulations Seth, I love you!



See the relief

I am so proud and so Pregnant

Seth with my Dad and Cindy

Seth with his parents, Russ and Cheri. My camera died during this Picture

2 comments:

andi said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Kristina said...

What a great acompilishment... Congratulations! All the trials of the past 3 1/2 yrs will be well worth it. You got through this... now countdown to baby #3. Good luck!

Blog Archive