Wednesday, October 3, 2012

TCSWW-2012

I have been on the lookout for another 5K to run.  I spotted  a flyer for this race called "Trophy Club Salutes Wounded Warriors," its close to where I live and its for a good cause, so I decided to give it a try. I was a little worried because I haven't been running a whole lot lately. I have been Spinning instead to ease the burden on my back. So I knew it would be hard.

Thankfully, it was A LOT cooler and it rained as well so there were no worries about heat stroke this time around! Seth and the Kids came to support me too. 

Ready to cheer for mom
 I started off pretty well. However due to the rain the road was really slick so I almost ate it a few times. But I pushed on. Then about mile marker 1, my armband with my phone and headphones  fell off! I was irritated to say the least. I tried to fix it while I was running but unfortunately I had to walk for about 30 seconds to fix it. Even still, it was all messed up so the rest of the run was a little aggravating.
Pre-Race with Abby and Briggs
 Then about mile marker 2.5 I could feel my heels rubbing against my shoes. My socks had fallen and it was becoming painful. I had to stop again to fix it. The relief was temporary. But I wasn't going to fix it again. I didn't want anyone else passing me. So after I crossed the Finnish line and looked, my socks were bloody! No wonder it hurt so bad.
Love those faces


It was definitely hard. Its amazing how fast your body forgets how to run! By the time I was done I was sucking wind pretty hard. I felt like "my courage hangy ball"  was whacking the back of my throat. In the end though it turned out well.
RESULTS...
 For my age group 25-29 year old Females; I came in 2nd out of 16. I was shocked. . My FINAL time was 28 Minutes 25 Seconds. A four minute improvement over my last 5K. So I was happy. I came in 72nd overall out of 205 who ran. I suspect the rain kept some runners at home, making my odds a lot better. But all I cared about was improving my last time. I think the end mileage was 3.2 miles. Since the finish was a bit past mile marker 3. Not too bad considering.

Emily making a goofy face
 Unfortunately the kids were not good for Seth while I was running, AT ALL. So I don't have any pictures of the start or the finish. :(  I am doing a mud run obstacle course this weekend which I am really looking forward to. I am sure it will be a blast!
Nems and I pre-race

My Little love bug!

1 comment:

THE BELLS said...

Good job luka...nothing like running in the rain with a white tee on....

Blog Archive