Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kinder Grad

Yet another graduation has come and gone. Abby is now officially a 1st grader!!!! She was so excited to be graduating kindergarten. We have been preparing for awhile now. Shes been learning songs at school and has been humming them all the time. She refused to sing them to me though because it was supposed to be a surprise. She just kept saying "mom, there is one song that is so pretty and beautiful that you are going to love" Which of course I did :)

Unfortunately, Briggs and Nems  had been sick all week  and when it came time to graduate,they were not going to make it. So Seth stayed home with them and I went solo. Which as it turned out was probably for the best because the place was packed and there were hardly any seats.

It was a fun little program and I was such a proud momma. Especially since on her final report card she received Mastery in every single thing! She also received several awards including attendance, citizenship and 2 in handwriting.  Abby did awesome, she totally participated and didn't even make a scene. Success!

Our Little graduate

 Here she is pre-graduation. Posing outside the school and in the hall.

The entrance to the stage. All the videos are a little shaky because I was so far away and the closer I zoomed the harder it was to hold still.
Holy cow class of 2025!

 There she is in the top row with all the boys!



A song about their school Freedom entitles Freedom Rules


Here is the song Abigail was talking about, the one I would love :)

Exiting the stage

Love that little face
Below is the video of Abby getting her award. I was a little upset because I knew it was her classes turn.  I was getting my camera ready knowing Abby would be close to the last one. However, for some unknown reason she was first! So I completely missed it. What Mrs Leal said was "Abigail's favorite part of school was splash day (which was the following day, and she had to miss because she got sick) and that Abby said she wanted to be a cowgirl when she grew up"



After the graduation

The token mom and me shot.

Abby and her teacher Mrs. Leal

Hungry? 
Abby and her BFF Ashley

Abby getting her award from the principle

No comments:

Blog Archive