Thursday, July 16, 2015

The New House!

We officially closed on our old house June 19th, and our new house July 1, 2015. It seemed like it all happened so fast!
 
The rough story...
 
We had been contemplating getting a bigger house since we have had ours since before popping out babies.  With baby number 4 on the way it again reignited those conversations
 
We toyed with the idea for a little while and just decided to reach out to our relator to see how the market was and to get her opinion on what we could sell for. When we realized the market was better than expected we decided to just go for it. The next week we had a sign in our yard stating our house would be coming to the market soon. That night there were lots of drive by's and we received a full price offer before it was even on the market. The offer was solid with several perks like being able to stay in the house for over a month if needed after closing for free so we could find a house. We discussed keeping it on the market and creating a bidding war, but a house still has to appraiser for the sale price and we were definitely on high side for the local comps.  We decided because it was what we wanted and we had time to find a house, not to mention we didn't have to mess with any showings, to accept!
 
Our Kitchen
The following weekend we went house hunting with our realtor.  We had been searching online for awhile, we looked at about 100 and had it narrowed down to about 10. But houses were selling so fast we lost some before we could even see them.
 
It all worked out though. Despite seeing 6 or 7 in person there was nothing that really stood out to me. Or shall I say that I was willing to make an offer on. Seth liked some but still not enough. We were not expecting to necessarily find a house the first day, but it was kind of discouraging.
 

Part of the living room looking into the kitchen
One of the last homes we looked at was this home. Seth really didn't like it from the pictures online, but we decided to see it in person since it met a lot of the criteria we had.

As we walked through the house both Seth and I really really liked it. I felt the spirit while there, and had an inkling that the homeowners were LDS but there were not any obvious signs. I remember standing in the kitchen knowing that this was THE house. I could envision our family living there unlike any of the other houses. It turns out Seth was feeling the same things. We didn't say much while in the house but once we got in the car Seth said he thought we should make an offer, and I didn't hesitate to agree.

The entry way
 
That night we put in our offer. We were told the sellers names and I knew instantly who they were. We had known each other long ago and my friend is her best friend. I reached out to my friend, told her we loved it and maybe put in a good word and hoped for the best.
 
We were told there were multiple offers and our agent suggested that maybe our offer wasn't strong enough for a multiple offer house.  But Seth and I felt really strong that a full price offer plus a few other things that were in the offer was as high as we wanted to go.
 
We waited.

The master Bedroom

A few days of anxious waiting passed and our Agent called. She said she was really shocked and that our offer had been accepted. She reiterated several times she couldn't believe we got it and there must have been some sort of divine intervention. Of course we think so too. We were beyond elated. We couldn't believe it. And I was on pins an needles every step of the way between inspections, appraisals, repairs and loan papers it all felt surreal until it actually became ours.

The master bath

We moved on July 2nd, and cleaned the old house on the 3rd. That in and of itself was a bitter sweet thing. I loved our old house. Lots of time, effort and money were put into that house and we owned it for 11 years. It was our first and it was sad to say goodbye. I may have had a little tear in my eye the last day. Maybe.

I love my closet. Its huge
We have lots of projects ahead. But the kids run around like wild banshees set free in the wilderness. Its very nice to have the space inside and out. We feel very blessed to be in this house and are thankful it all worked out. I still cannot believe we live here. We are all unpacked and its starting to come together....
Upstairs game room
The first thing on the kids agenda was to visit all the community pools. We have hit 2 of the 6 so far. Its slowly but surly starting to feel like our home instead of our house. Which I love. I still have to pinch myself that we live in a place like this, despite all the fixes it needs...

 Briggs has had a hard time adjusting especially at night. He refuses to sleep alone and is super scared of "whatever he can think of"

We have birds nests in the trees, random bunny sightings, squirrels all around. I am pretty sure the kids think we own a zoo and love it.

Now to start making our mark on it...TO ALL THE FUTURE PROJECTS
The back patio

More back yard which I love

The back of the house


Some of the front of the house

No comments:

Blog Archive