Thursday, February 18, 2016

Brighams Surgery


Getting snuggly

Brigham has been riddled with ear problems for the last 5 months or so. Constantly with fluid, ear aches, hearing loss and 5 ear infections and we had had enough. We have been through this several times before and we were familiar with the procedure.  Tubes were needed as well as removing his adenoids.
The drugs are kicking in
The morning of the surgery he had to be there by 5 am I think. I stayed home with the kids to get Abby off to school and to feed Hyrum. I met Seth and Briggs at the surgery center.
By the time I got there he was prepped and ready to go, funny meds included. He was really great about it. I thought there would have been a bigger fight since he usually does but we were blessed with that.


He named the stuffed animal they gave him Burpee

All went well his tubes were put in and his adenoids removed. The ENT said his adenoids took up about 75% o the space behind the nose thus it was a good thing they were removed and it may help with other issues he has had.


Sweet boy

This is Briggs Post Op, it took him quite some time to come out of the anesthesia. He was so peaceful despite being in the hospital. It took a lot of coaxing to wake him. The thing that finally grabbed him out of his slumber was the offer of food and drink. He was a bit confused, but he did an awesome job.



Coming out of the anesthesia

The anesthesia proved to be a little difficult for him. He was so emotional for the rest of the day. The moment Seth left for work he burst into tears. It was so SAD! Everything required tears that day, and he especially wanted his Daddy. We had to call Seth several times in the day so he would stop crying. Poor little GUY!

Here are two of his bursting into tars episodes.

1 comment:

andi said...

Ohh! I hope he feels so much better for longer! And maybe I'll get to see you for your post-op!! ;)

Blog Archive