Late July we embarked on yet another road trip. The first leg was to Albuquerque NM where we had so many people to see in about 24 hours. Seths Cousin Erin lives outside of the city and on our many journeys through Albuquerque had yet to visit. This time it was our mission.
Not even 5 minutes into the 9 hour leg of the trip both Emily and Hyrum were asleep. Then not 20 minutes later we had to stop for the older ones to use the bathroom. :/
Finally after many stops, snacks and movies we made it to the Land of Enchantment. I always look forward to coming over the hill to see the City of Albuquerque, it reminds me of so many trips I made as a kid.
This is the gorgeous view from Erin's porch. She is lucky we just didn't unload our car for good. I was in heaven.
The kids loved exploring their property and home. They are building it themselves and its a work in progress but it is awesome. They especially loved rollerblading and playing basketball in their basement.
Hyrum was an instant hit as always and the Edwards girls loved passing him back and forth. It was rather adorable.
Before we said goodbye much too soon, the kids had to get some playtime in on their awesome outdoor full size basketball court. Seriously this place is so dreamy.
Getting some last minute snuggles in!
After we left the cousins country place we headed to visit My Great Aunt Betty and Great Aunt Gerdy. They are always so fun to visit. I spent so much time with them when I was little and have very fond memories playing at the park with them all the time. It was also a very quick visit but I am happy that we at least got to pop in and say hello!
Then we rounded off our visits with Papa and Nana. We were able to go hang our for a little bit. We had lunch with them and got to let the kids play a little while. The kids always love visiting papa and Nana!
...and just like that we were on the road again! Our visits were a bit of a blur but I am glad we got to see so many loving faces. We really enjoyed our visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment