Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dental Woes

We all love the dentist don't we? Actually, I really do like my dentist and I recommend everyone I know to him. I recently went in for my cleaning/check up and we have been keeping an eye on a crown that I had for a root canal awhile ago. Nothing was that wrong with it but the dentist wasn't satisfied with the way it looked so he suggested making a new crown, just to be safe. So we made the appointment and he took off my old crown, sent off for a new one and made a temporary in the mean time. Well like two days later the temporary fell out, more like broke and so I had to go in for a new one. I was just pleased I didn't choke on it in my sleep. So the next one they tried a new cement concoction to try to make it stay better, and it did. This was lasted about four days and again the dang thing fell out. So in I went again for another temporary since the new crown was still on order. This time they tried a different type of tooth to see if that would stick better. I thought for sure that this would do the trick.... but just 3 days later I was eating dinner and afterwards I was like uh oh, I think I swallowed my temporary!!!! So am I going to die of metal poisoning because the new tooth they tried was a metal one?... I keep thinking, do I feel funny?? Is it scraping my insides? Well I guess I am not dead yet so I think I am OK. But right now I am on my fourth temporary tooth, and he tried all the tricks he knew to try to keep it in, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I think I may have toxic saliva that eats away at the temporary holds. I just hope this one doesn't fall off because as much as I enjoy spending my time at the dentist I have had my fill, no pun intended. The dentist said he has never had this much trouble with anyone before. My question is, has anyone had this happen to them. I am not blaming the dentist at all, I really do think it is me, its just weird.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

That is hilarious! I have never heard of that happening to anyone so many times before. You are definitely a wierdo. Good luck with #4. I hope you're not having to pay for all of this.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry but this totally made me laugh! That has got to be frustrating though! Who's your dentist? We likes ours, but I'm curious. :) I hope this one lasts, will your new one be in soon? let me know if you need me to watch Abby!

Charla and Jarom said...

Girl! I feel you. I don't know if you read my root canal post but 4 appts. later I finally have my permanent crown! When I went in for my permanent one the first time, the camera didn't fit in my mouth so they had to give me a temporary until mine was ready. I told the dentist they are going to miss me this week since they won't see me and they've seen me soooo much :) Hopefully you don't die of metal poisoning :)

kristi said...

Toxic saliva..I think you might be on to something!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Yes, good luck Lace! I hate that kind of stuff. Hopefull you're not paying for their screw ups, or that's a lot of moolah! Hope this one bodes well, and no, I've never come across anything like that! Craziness!

Blog Archive