Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Five Years

Seth and I celebrated our five year anniversary last week. So we decided to go for a night to the Gaylord hotel, which is a huge and beautiful hotel. It was still all decorated for Christmas, since our anniversary is on the second, which made for a festive time. We walked around the "river walk"patterned after the one in San Antonio, admired all the little details and took a walk through the "vineyard" at least that's what they called it. I am not sure but I would say t was more like some nice grape plants for a 60 second walk. They also had a show called Ice that we went to with amazing ice sculptures of the nativity, ice skaters and animals all kept at a frigid 9 degrees. It was awesome but my camera died halfway through so I didn't get some of the pictures I wanted. However, it was a bit on the pricey side for the length of time we were in there, I tried to make Seth stay in there to get our money's worth (yes I would freeze to get what I paid for) but Seth wasn't a big fan of that idea. Any who... here are just a few of the pics.The night time view off our balcony
The daytime view
Touring the massive lobbyThe Ice man that greets you

A ginormous ice ornament
The Ice cave and walkway

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Fancy, fancy! I love the Gaylord! Happy Anniversary!

April said...

Wow, 5 years! Congrats!

Francais Frit said...

What a neat place. Sorry I couldn't talk the other day- you're the best for calling all the time. So did you have any great news or just wanted to hear about my lame life for a few short minutes?! Love ya and MANY congrats on #5. :)

Blog Archive