Sunday, October 18, 2009

A last minute trip

Seth and I have been wanting to get out of the house for awhile, so when asked to head to Austin last week to house sit/work we decided to go. Seth's grandparents live about an hour outside of Austin in a nice country home. Unfortunately we didn't get to see them, but hopefully soon. It was nice to be out in the country and relax with a bit more space for Abby to run around in. We did take a day and headed into Austin, we walked around the park and visited. It rained pretty much every day we were there but we took what rain free time there was and worked with it. We had planned another day to go to the capitol but our plans were thwarted. While on our way we decided to stop and eat and in the midst of eating, without warning Abby vomited all over the table, her shirt and pants. It was awesome, it smelled awful and that was the first time she has ever puked. I only had summer clothes as back up with us and that wasn't going to cut it so we headed back. It's always fun cleaning puke off your child in a restaurant. Fun times. However near their home there is a nature reserve so we did visit that and it was free, the best type of fun. But I think Abby had the most fun with the swing they have at their house. She wanted to do that all day. Every time it stopped raining she would ask to swing. Seth was a trooper because he trudged out in the mud with her to do it. Not to mention taking her through the muddy woods to see the horses. Love that guy.

It was nice to wake up in the morning and have this too look at. Not to mention the deer too!

The Nature Reserve

A cool tee pee

Bones and skeletons

Austin, this is what Briggs did.

Hanging out.
Taking a walk
Nice skyline

4 comments:

THE BELLS said...

It is so funny that that hat fits her. I knew you always thought I had a pinhead. I'm a walken candy apple! looks fun...you know you can see mountains, dirt and deer all in Utah? Who needs a job these days anyway....

Charla and Jarom said...

Oh that's my biggest fear, anything pukey! Evan has never puked either and I'm so scared for when I do have to deal with it. Although since potty training I've become pretty used to the pee and poop :) NOT that I want it to last much longer, especially cause I'd like to leave the house again :) Glad you got to get away at least for a few days.

Juen said...

Gee Lacey, liked your blog, wish we could have been here with you. We espedially want to see little Brigham and play with Abby. We really enjoyed it the last time you came down. However, you were welcome to fix anything in the house that you wanted to eat. I felt bad that you hadn't. Hope you can come down again soon when we are here.

Liza A Martin said...

Soooo cute. Brigham is so handsome! Next time you visit Austin, let me know. I would love to meet the rest of your family over a bite to eat!

Blog Archive