Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Briggs

With all the drama of last week I wasn't able to post some more things about Briggs being one. He is now in a forward facing car seat, Yay! He loves it, except he hasn't figured out how to sleep comfortably in it. Actually he hates sleeping in it and now fusses more in the car if he is tired. But when he isn't, its grand.

He had his one year check up and I cannot find the sheet where the doctor wrote his stats but I do remember that he was 20.2lbs and was in the 75-90% for head, weight and height.

He is almost walking. He tries all the time and can do about 3-4 feet at a time. He goes from couch to table to book shelf to try to get to where he needs to go.

He is still struggling with is breathing issues and at present has bronchitis again. Hopefully as he grows older and his airway passages expand this will not be such a problem.

He has become quite a picky eater, and I am unhappy to say it seems that textures bother him. This is a problem I have, mostly just with nuts but Briggs seems to have it with many more things. The only thing that I am guaranteed to know he will eat is applesauce and second foods. The third foods make him gag. He loves cheese though and that is another staple he eats, because he still wont drink milk or eat yogurt. Little stinker.

He bites all the time and hits as well. He is very reactionary, if he is mad you know it. He will either hit you or throw himself on the floor.

I know some of you may think that he is too old for his plug and I agree. The only reason we always have it attached to him is because it serves as a preventative. He sticks his finger down his throat and makes himself puke. Seriously it happens all the time. So when he starts to do it, if we stick the plug in his mouth he will stop, most of the time.

Other than that he is OK from the events of last week. He is his normal adorable self. Couldn't resist taking a pic of this cutie either.





1 comment:

curiositally said...

hey lacey!
i meant to get back to you through text, but I really wanted to make myself an account so I could comment on your blog haha. (i've kept up with all of your posts)
briggs and abby are so so cute lol

hope you're doing well
-ally (walgreens adolescent)

Blog Archive