Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 1 of Preschool

Today was Abigail's first day of preschool. We have been so excited for this. She couldn't wait and she desperately needs it. We prepared her as much as possible and went to meet the teacher last week. We have been talking non-stop of how fun it will be and so Abby could hardly sleep last night. She crawled into bed with me about 2 am and then was up for good about 645am. But getting ready turned out to be a challenge, she was being a little pill. I couldn't get her to eat breakfast and she kept asking me if I would stay with her at school. We were a little out of sorts because its been raining cats and dogs here so I had to dig through clothes to find pants. Which, I now know I only have one pair that fit her. We had to find her rain coat (thanks Aunt Codee it was a life saver today) and the umbrella. So we left and found out some of the roads were closed due to the rain, so we were running late. But we made it. With this preschool you have to take them inside and actually sign them in and out so I had to get Briggs, Abby and myself out and try not to get wet. Unsuccessful. But, because of the rain and road closures Abby's teacher wasn't there yet and she did not like that. She clung to me for dear life. When I tried to leave she was screaming and kicking the lady who was in there and I felt horrible. So I stood in the hall at a loss for what to do. Then a friend of mine was dropping her daughter off and told me to just leave, Abby would be fine. I needed to hear that. So I went to my car and sat waiting for the phone call to say "Lady, your daughter is crazy please come pick her up" but the only phone call I got was from my friend. She said when she walked by Abby was doing fine and had calmed down, and she went on reassuring me. I was so thankful for that because I was really worried. So now, she is there and we can only wait and see how the day goes.

Her new Tinker Bell back packThe life saving rain coatGetting to school The look of death. Please don't leave me mom.

4 comments:

THE BELLS said...

Remember when Shanda had to stay with Jay for swim lessons. I think it totally works. Now...if your friend can meet you every time is the real question? SOOOOO excited for her, and YOU!!!!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I can't believe Abs is going to preschool! She sure is growing up fast and is such a cutie!

We need to catch up, girlfriend!

Call me when you get the chance!

Francais Frit said...

Cuuuuute.
She is on her way to teacher's favorite, I can tell.

Kristina said...

Her first day didn't get off to the best start, did it? but I'm sure she had a blast. I love when friends recognize a need and help us, thank goodness she was there! Love the raincoat!

Blog Archive