Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fire Station Fun

Saturday the local fire station had its annual open house. Struggling for things to do we decided to check it out after Abby's soccer game. The kids loved looking at the engines and the ambulance and of course the police car. It took awhile for them to warm up to it. They just wanted to look. But after the second time around they were willing to climb into some of the vehicles. They had a mini train ride which we went on at least 5 times among other things. But, poor Brigham, the fireman put on a clown/puppet show to teach fire safety. I thought the kids would like it. WRONG! Brigham started yelling "Bad Guy" "Bad Guy" and began  crying and shaking. No joke. I have never seen him so afraid. He was literally trembling! I felt awful. I took him out of the room and any time I went near the door he would cling tighter and say "bad guy!" Of course Abigail wasn't too fond of being in there by herself so every few minutes she would pop her head out and be like "mom are you still here." Oh the things that trigger the kids. He was pretty much ruined after that. He woke up that night with nightmares, saying "Bad guy, Hand, Water" Because the clown pretended to burn his hand and the put water on it. Then the next day at nursery they brought him to me crying (which never happens) when I asked him what was wrong he said "Bad Guy, hand, Water" I did neglect to mention that on one of our train rides Abigail s hat flew off. It was melt down city! She began crying immediately. Thankfully, a man sitting right in front of us had one and gave it to her. It was a life saver!


Bliss, suckers and a train ride!


If you look close just at Abby, doesnt she look like she is a model wearing make up? What a pose.




My friend Karen whom we saw there, srtike a pose!

A couple of Karen's kids who sat behind us on one of the rides

Its a miracle we fit!

And old engine. It was really cool

Yes I know, the plug needs to go. But by that point in the day I was done fighting about it.



The ambulance


Future Fireman?



3 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

What a rad little event! How cool is that firehouse? And brigham is adorable! "bad guy! Hand! Water!" lol! That's awesome!

THE BELLS said...

rans would be proud

Karebear said...

Oh come on, the plug doesn't have to go! And I think I could strike a cuter pose, give me a second chance! (Sorry about the whole puppet show thing! I feel responsible.)

Blog Archive