Saturday, June 2, 2012

End of Year program/Preschool Graduation

On May 22nd Abigail had her end of the year program that was followed by a graduation ceremony. Honestly it was a little weird knowing she was done with preschool and next year she will be headed to Kinder. I thought I would be more emotional, but I think that will come out on the first day of kindergarten. I was just so proud of her. Of course when the kids came in Abby was on the opposite side of the stage so the pictures are not as good as I would like.

The theme was "one nation under God" and it was very patriotic. Of course it included some olympic themes as well given that the Olympics are this summer. They did a really good job. We were so proud of Abby that she actually participated in the program.  We had been talking about it with her all week to prepare her. The Christmas program was an utter disaster and we didn't want a repeat on such a special night.

 The 4/5 year olds did a few singing numbers which were pretty good.






After the program ended all the graduation kiddos left to change into their more formal attire while the parents got better seats. They had all the kids walk from the back two by two slowly. Abby was holding hands with one of the kids from her class last year. Unfortunately for him Abby did about triple the pace of the other kids and practically dragged him on the stage and off again when it was over. I guess she was eager.

They sang a song and then presented the kids with their "diplomas" It was a short and sweet little ceremony. They even got to keep their class of 2012 tassels. Kinda silly, but cute.




Waiting to be called, thats my girl :)



Ms. Fawn (her Teacher) presenting her with her "diploma"
   
Abby and Ms Fawn

class of 2012
One of the songs they preformed.




  A quick pic with the graduate

Seth, Abby and Emily


1 comment:

Kristina said...

Wow, with genuine caps and gowns... I love it!

Blog Archive