Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinco De Muddo


Yes, I signed up for another run.  At least I have fun with friends and get to exercise. I have to say, this was the BEST ONE YET! There were  20 obstacles over 3.1 miles of muddy fun. We ran swam/ran through rivers, climbed over huge wooden walls, dangled over mud pits and slid down slippery slopes. Not to mention plunging into complete darkness and having to find our way to the light, running on a beautiful trail near the river and yanking our legs free from waist deep mud....among many other things!

It was SO. MUCH. FUN. I do have to say that I am extremely sore and have many bumps and bruises, but it was worth it.

 Some of the obstacles  from a far.. giant hay bails, balance beams, the wall jump, etc...

The End Game

 Ready to get filthy!
The Group that started before us.
Their Cinco De Muddo Start line

Yep, Im stoked

My friend Amy and I
 
Here is the rope  obstacle that hung over mud pits. Thats me at the far right having just finished, and thats Stephanie in the purple going for glory.
Are we sure this is the way?

More of the ropes

Going under the wire in really nasty thick mud
Helping her get un-stuck

 Done and exhausted

All four...Complete!

Lacey - Stephanie - Andrea - Stephanie



Going over the giant tires, can you see me?



The aftermath 

Big bruise

My knee is wrecked


No comments:

Blog Archive