Saturday, August 8, 2015

Project #1

Before
 
There are a lot of projects to be had in our new house. But being pregnant holds me back from tackling many of them. I like to get in and get things done. But since we moved in, this one wall has been bothering me. It had lots of nicks and holes along with random food splatter. It really needed freshened up! I decided to make it an accent wall. Not to mention it was a project I could do by myself while Seth was gone.

 
I had these samples hanging on my wall for a little over a week. I was having a hard time deciding. While I really liked the blue, I kept being drawn to the green colors.
 
Finally one day I was sick of having those up and decided to just throw some color up there.

 
But that in and of it self didn't help because I had a hard time seeing any color up there with all the others on the wall. I took the pictures down and stared some more. I got a few opinions which were mostly for the light blue. Which I also liked but couldn't get the green out of my head.
 

 
One night I decided to use the sample paint to paint over the others I had painted on there so I could  get a feel for it....But once I started I couldn't stop. Before I knew it I had cut in the whole wall and painted a big chunk.
 

 
The next day I bought more paint and it was a done deal. Surprise Seth :)

 
I really do love it. It brings just the right amount of color to the room and goes well because I have other green accents throughout the house.

 
The final touch was our table coming!  It matches the cabinets perfectly and now its a great little nook for all our casual meals.

Photo bombed by Maggie.

No comments:

Blog Archive