Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Abigail

Today is Abby's first birthday! Its amazing to me that we have actually made it to this day. Looking back on her troubled beginning, the stress, the emotion, the actual physical health problems. To think, one year ago today, our little Abby (and I mean little, 3pounds 1 ounce) came into this world. She was in the hospital for 5 weeks, with IVs, Chest Tube, Ventilator, Feeding tube and a whole slew of other things. It was almost hard to bring her home when the time came, knowing there would be no nurses to come to my aid. She was just over 4pounds when she came home. Nevertheless, we have made it. Abby has grown and exceeded all expectations. Not to mention survived living with her parents. There are very little problems now, mostly just that she is anemic which we will see how she has come along on Friday at her next visit with the Doctor. It is so fun to watch her learn new things and how excited we all get that she can sit by herself or make her way from couch to couch. All in all we have had a very blessed year with her. She is definitely Our child. She looks like her dad, is stubborn just like both of us, and throws fits if she doesn't get what she wants (that's just like her dad, wink wink). We look forward to many more memories we have with her and to watch her grow and learn. Look and see her grow.





10 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!! Wow, I can't believe it! And y'all made it, too, which is awesome!

I love that picture of her with the wig. That is freakin' hilarious! :o)

April said...

Happy Birthday Miss Abby! She's a little miracle. And such a cute one at that! And congratulations to you and Seth for your first year of parenthood!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Abby! Can't wait to meet you, someday! Your Auntie Megan LOVES YOU!

Sarah said...

I can't believe she's 1!!! Happy birthday little Abby!

Leisha Mareth said...

I remember getting the call about her being born early and everyone fasting and praying for her!

She is a little miracle and we're all so glad she's here!

Happy Birthday Abigail!!!

Charla and Jarom said...

Wow! You go Abby! She is Awesome! I forgot how tiny she was. Happy Birthday!

kristi said...

I love the picture of Abby with the wig! We used to do that to Macy since she had NO HAIR and it was fun to see what she would end up looking like....one day. We are still trying to get there!!

Little Lovables said...

Awe, she has grown so well, it has gone by so quickly!

Juen said...

Cute pictures, keep them coming.

Heather said...

It was fun to see Abby's progression through the year! I especially loved the picture of Abby with hair, you seriously crack me up! Happy Birthday Abby!

Blog Archive