Monday, May 19, 2008

Mad mama Goose...

First and foremost, so many things have happened since I last posted. Thus the reason this blog post is so long. The most important news is this, Abby is fine. Most people don't know but when we took her into her 1 year check up....Stats: 19 1/2 pounds and 30 inches... the doctor heard a heart murmur. That accompanied with the fact that Abby's lips turn blue when she eats prompted the referral to the pediatric cardiologist. Needless to say, that was tough news. All the "what if's" kept racing through my mind. It was hard to sleep at night constantly thinking and praying. Plus I had no idea what they were going to do to her during the test. They did an EKG and a sonogram of her heart and a few other tests I cant think of at the moment. But thankfully many prayers were answered and the cardiologist gave us good news, that there was nothing to indicate that Abby had anything wrong with her. She called it an innocent murmer. She did say that Abby had a PFO which is a tiny hole in the heart but again nothing to worry about considering the fact that 30% of adults have this. Overall Abby did very well during the testing and we were thankful to have that over with and Abigail healthy once again.

We did get to have a little birthday party for Abby with the family and she was very spoiled. She got lots of stuff and it was so funny to watch her eat her cake. She did not like it on her hands so she went for the cake straight to mouth method. Here are some of the pictures...

For the last week we have had some work going on at our house. We replaced the linoleum with tile and it was a big project so Abby and I went to stay at my Dad and Cindy's house. Seth and I also redid our front landscaping which was also a major undertaking. I will post some of the pics when the finishing touches are done. So while we were at my dad we went to see the ducks. Abby loved them. Plus there were little babies all around to oooo and aahhh at. Although there was one mama goose who was not all that nice. She wanted the bread we had and and would hiss at you, frankly she was pretty scary and I did not want her near Abby. Especially since I have been attacked by a rooster myself and seen a turkey go the rounds and Win with my mom. Not to mention all the "When birds go bad" videos I have seen. This lady was even going after the other geese and so I was purposefully chucking the bread really far so she would go away.

These birds were not shy and would come really close. Abby really wanted to hold one.


This is the spawn of Satan herself. As you can she was Hissing at the moment the picture was taken and this was not on zoom, she was that close! If I could interpret.... I would think she is saying "throw me some freakin bread or I will poke your eyes out with my large pointy beak"!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh. my. gosh. You are so funny!!!

THE BELLS said...

Finally. I have been waiting for a new post. That is so funny and Abby looks so big! I miss her so much. Too bad you didn't have a shovel nearby to protect you!

The Chaffin's said...

I'm glad that I didn't run into that goose. I'd probably end up chasing it and getting poked to death by her beak!!!

Charla and Jarom said...

That duck does look scary! Jarom has one of those holes in his heart too. He actually just found out about it a couple of months ago. Glad everything's good, glad she's growing so big, she's almost caught up to Evan!

Heather said...

You're too funny! I'm glad that Abby is okay and everything checked out!

Leisha Mareth said...

You make me laugh....I'm glad Abby is okay!!

Blog Archive