Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stupid me

So the other day I was getting ready to go to the store when I heard a few knocks on my door. I looked out the peep hole and saw two ladies dressed in "Sunday Clothes" so I opened the door. They were nice and chatty and I saw some scriptures in their hands. I assumed they were from my new ward and they were stopping by to say hi. So when they said I guess you know who we are, I said "Yeah your from church right?" And they said "yes". So I invited them in and we began talking a little bit about being new to the area. Then one of them asked if I had a bible and I said "yeah let me get it" So then they pulled out the pamphlet that I had seen earlier attached to my door and had thrown away.... and that's when it hit me. They are not from my church, and it turns out they were Jehovah Witnesses. Now they were completely nice and we had a good discussion about the bible. But I just keep thinking, "stupid me and my assumptions, they could have been killers dressed for church" I have nothing against them at all and I appreciate that they were trying to share their beliefs (something I should do more of). Apparently one lives in our complex and asked to stop by again, of course I said she could but I also stated I was firm in my beliefs. Overall it was just my luck to completely misread the situation and invite strangers into my house, while I was alone. They must have thought "wow this lady is easy, just lets us right on into her house" I bet they don't get that too often.....At least I thought it was a funny.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

haha! Sorry to laugh but it's funny--only because it was nothing bad! I probably would've done the same thing!

The Chaffin's said...

I bet you had a great conversation with them huh??? That is pretty funny. Especially since they said they were from your church...

Megan and Keli'i said...

That is classic! Lacey, you're wonderful...but that Happy Thanksgiving picture to the right of your blog is definitely freaking me out right now! Miss you, sistah! Love you so much!

Leisha Mareth said...

I have nothing against them either, and respect them sharing their faith....but that is kind of their MO They often bring children with them too so they look non-intimidating. I always feel sorry for them (or guilty that I'm not doing the same thing for my religion), take their pamphlet and listen.

Francais Frit said...

That is a good one. You crack me up.

Blog Archive