Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and Woes

So as stated Seth, Abby and I headed to Beavers Bend OK for thanksgiving with the Whitworth Clan. It was a nice cozy cabin and had beautiful surroundings. It was nice to be able to get away and be a part of nature for a little while. IT was also nice to be in a cabin this year and not camping especially with Abby, the rain and my woes. The holidays this year have not turned out the best for me. If you can remember my Valentines post you can remember why. So this Thanksgiving was no exception. The day prior to leaving I got a UTI which I have frequently and are a pain to deal with (no pun intended) but I do know the routine and can subdue it within about 24hrs. Which I did, so we left but I was still feeling a bit bad. We got there on Wednesday and Thursday was thanksgiving. We ate good food and played games. Then about 12:00 am is when I began to puke my guts out (that's being tame about it) in the communal bathroom upstairs with everyone sleeping, or trying too nearby. That was fun. So having my throat burning all day but otherwise feeling OK the next day my throat began to close and I couldn't swallow with out it feeling like razors. SO I spent all day Saturday in bed and we headed home Sunday, where I went to a CareNow and it turns out I have strep throat. Thankfully in was not Mono as the doctor thought but they gave me a shot of anitbotics plus pills and thankfully I feel almost over it. However now Abby is battling a cold and I hope it does not turn into anything worse. Poor Seth, has been taking good care of us both. He is pretty wiped now too. Anyway the days that I was lucid I did manage to take some good pics....There are some funny videos too which I will post soon.

This is the cabin in Beavers Bend

Thanksgiving Dinner Abby with her Uncle Luke The one time I played horse shoes. I did get a ringer!!!! I was proud.

4 comments:

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Hey Lacey! So good to see your family, your daughter is Beautiful! I hope all is going well with you. Check out our blog!

Maegan said...

Sounds like a Thanksgiving story to remember! Sorry lu, hope you're feeling better now!!! Talk to you soon! Well at least you got some really cute pics!

THE BELLS said...

How fun...Jay just said, "oh that's aunt Lacey, I know her." ( Say it in the voice of Will Ferrill in Elf when talking about Santa.)

Amy said...

Being sick for Thanksgiving is the pits! Did you at least feel better for left overs? Your Abby is such a cutie! I can't believe she's so big!

Blog Archive