A book in review:
While perusing the book section of Sams club I stumbled upon The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner a book I had heard about but I had no idea it had been published. So of course I bought it, curiosity killed the cat. I am a Stephenie Meyer fan and wanted to see if I would like this one as well as the rest of her books. Which I did! It was a short easy read, I read it in one day. It was entertaining and had me wanting more.
Bree Tanner is a newly made vampire that you first met in Eclipse. She played a very little role and of course we all know it did not end well for her. She probably only took up a few pages of that book but, now having read about her, I am wishing Eclipse had ended differently. This book is a little unlike the Twilight Saga in the fact that it seemed to be a bit more graphic. It was a little hard to read at first. But because the "new vampires" are supposed to be more savage and have an incredible thirst for blood I can understand why it had to come across that way. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been true the characters that she created. Once again she formed a great story line with interesting story development. It was a little predictable because I already knew how it ended for Bree. But, overall it was a fun easy read and I am sure I will read it again. It was a nice supplement to the Twilight Saga. Its always fun be able to see some things from a different perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment