This year we took a road trip to Utah for the holidays. When you are in a car for 18-22 hours things are bound to happen. Plus we decided to drive it straight through which can get a bit tricky. However, we borrowed a Van and some DVD players and honestly the trip went really well. We left about 4pm on Wednesday and at 4:05 Abby was already asking "Are we there yet?" But despite that the kids did great. They watched movies and ate. They had naps and since we were able to recline the seats they were able to sleep far better than the last attempt to Utah. Aside from a massive puke by Brigham and some diaper issues it was pretty smooth sailing. Seth was amazing and drove all the way to Moab, UT where I took over. We ended up making it to my sisters house about 9AM Thursday.
The trip home was a bit more interesting since we were more exhausted from not sleeping well and I was sick. The weather wasn't as cooperative either thus it took a little longer. We had a flat tire (thankfully we were in a small town) Abby took her turn at puking all over everything and Brigham's diaper exploded...even with all of that the trip isn't even comparable to the trip in Feb.
I have lots of pics to post over the next while...so enjoy.
4 comments:
I can't believe you even considered that. That is crazy. I think I complained more than our kids did when we drove a measly 8 hours to so cal. But in my own defense I get extremely carsick.
Glad the DVD players helpe a little...ew with all the puke!!!
Seeing Abby suck her fingers makes me think....surely it isnt comfortable to suck such sore fingers!! I am sure we will be crossing that bridge with BOTH of our finger suckers before too much longer!
You drove 18 straight??!!! Vomit? Poop? Sleeplessness? You are a brave brave woman. But you all made it in one piece, thankfully. I look forward to all of your holiday pics!
So sad I missed you :( Looks like a fun holiday, though.
Post a Comment