Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sickness Sickness Go Away!

I am being held hostage by sickness. Its very frustrating and disgusting. On Sunday Abby vomited before church. We didn't think much of it because she has randomly puked before. She was acting normal afterward, so off to church we went. Mistake. Right during the sacrament, while its very quite just as the bread tray reaches our pew, I see Abby start to wretch. Then BAM old faithful hits! Thankfully my friend had just returned a play bag of Abby's and I was able to catch most of it in that. But there was some leakage and whatnot on the floor and pew. You should have seen the missionaries faces who were sitting behind us...it was classic. Not only that, but just as she is doing that Briggs grabs a handful of bread out of the tray. Such the opportunist.
Seth took the kids home since Abby looked like a ghost, Briggs had vomit on him and I needed to stay since I have a new calling in the primary presidency. Seth said the puking continued as well as business from the south end. He gave Abby a shower and just as he set her on the bed, wouldn't you know, Briggs pukes all over her.
Needless to say it did not get better from there. On several occasions Abby was using the potty as mom caught vomit in a bowl. Briggs had several diaper explosions and the house turned into a cesspool. I could have used a bio hazard suit to say the least. We have done massive amounts of laundry and scrubbing with no end in site.

Monday it continued...then throw no sleep on top of that. In the evening they both got fevers and I really begin to worry because they were not keeping anything in them. Tuesday comes and again we have no sleep. But lots of fun in the laundry room and bathroom. The fevers continue and my worry is growing. It has now been 48 hours where they haven't eaten anything and have drank very little. They are lethargic and grumpy as well as super thirsty.

Around noon I call Seth and request back up. Unsure of what to do. My babies are dry heaving and pooping their guts out. :( I want to take them to the doctor but I am not sure if the doc can even do anything if its a stomach virus. By 9 pm as things have worsened and the kids are glassy eyed I called care now. They had a 2 and a half hour wait. Thus CARE EVENTUALLY wasn't going to do.
So when both kids puke at midnight we decided that we would be the first ones in the door at Care Now in the morning. Thankfully we were the first ones in the door and were seen pretty quickly. Diagnosis? Strep throat and Ear infections. Who would have thought? However it is my suspicion that they had a really bad stomach virus which weakened their immune system thus making them more susceptible to the others.

Now they have had meds on board for close to 24 hours. They are both still pretty sick but its slowing down. School has been missed, all my clothes and sheets now have lovely aromas and my house needs dipped in Lysol. The unfortunate thing is I woke up feeling rather queasy...time will tell how that goes.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm SO sorry! That sounds terrible. Hang in there-hope you feel okay!

Sarah said...

Oh no!!! that sounds awful! I hope everyone gets better soon!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Awww, poor little kids. I hate when everyone is sick. I love the puking pew story. Classic. Except I'm sure you don't love it, but I can see myself in a similar situation, and all you can do is just sigh and say, "What the freak?" Strep throat and ear infections, huh? Well, I can relate. It's been similar around here. Hope you don't get that bug because once Mom is sick, the world ends.

Sure love you, Miss Lace.

andi said...

Oh! Words cannot express how unpleasant that is! Think happy, non-nauseous thoughts!

Danielle said...

oh. my. goodness. what a nightmare! i'm amazed at your strength, honestly. i think i would have been in the er. poor babies! and poor Y'ALL!!!

now sounds like the PERFECT time to have another baby. what do you think? ;)

Ally Mijol said...

poor abby and briggs :(
i love the blanket cocoon you made for brigham lol
good luck with this new colder weather!

Liz said...

I really hope you didn't get sick! So, so, so sorry to hear about the sickness - I don't think anything is more disgusting, crazy, exhausting, and worrisome for a mother. But on the bright side - with all that puke around, aren't you glad you are renting?

Blog Archive