Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter!

 To say the kids were excited about Easter is an understatement. They could not wait! They kept asking when the Easter Bunny was coming and how will get into our house? It was funny. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa they also got some new Easter Sunday clothes.

Because our kids wake up at different times, they opened their baskets separately  Briggs of course is always the first to rise and so he got to his basket with great enthusiasm...
The Easter Bunny did What?

look mom a bat!
 I had to go wake Abby up to get her to see her basket. Every morning this is a problem. She hates getting out of bed and it usually ends up in a fight. However one whisper that the Easter bunny had come and she popped right our of bed...
Good morning, I didn't know the Easter bunny brought SHOES!

So Happy

Loving the shoes
 After their baskets and Breakfast we dressed Briggs and Abby in their clothes for church. Too cute!


What a stud!



Where did my little girl go?


 Finally it came time to wake this little angel up. She saw the stuff and really didnt care. She was more interested in finding something to eat.

.

Can you tell she really wants some breakfast? She didn't want to see her stuff!
 But then it was her turn to get dressed for church and, oh boy, did she look adorable!!!!! I could just gobble her up. The dress was beautiful. Seriously she got so many comments on this dress at church. I have never received so many! She was called a little lily and tulip and I liked to call her my sugar plum fairy!







Sisters

I love how Emily looks tipsy
The day turned out to be beautiful and so we went outside to play with chalk and blow bubbles. Emily loved crawling everywhere. Of course the main place she wanted to go was into the street! She also taste tested many of the chalk sticks. It actually ended up being pretty hot and sweaty so we eventually went inside but it was good times.

Where did my chalk snack go?

Mom?

Overall the kids had a great day. We talked about the reason we celebrate Easter and I was so proud of Abby who knew the story of the Resurrection  We had wonderful speakers and lessons at church to remind us of the importance of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful his Atoning Sacrifice and for his willingness to fulfill the plan of the Father. I am thankful for his example and teachings. I know it is by and through him we can be made clean from our sins and return again to live with our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Blog Archive