Friday, May 2, 2014

Easter 2014




The Baskets.
 I love Easter because we celebrate Our Savior Jesus Christ. The atonement, resurrection and what he means to us. It is because of him that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. To imagine the pains and suffering he endured in Gethsemane and on the Cross is unimaginable.  But I am ever so grateful for His great love for each and everyone one of us.

 I do also enjoy the baskets and the egg hunts. The pure joy the kids have. Spending time with our family. I just wish more people would remember what its really about...Kinda like Christmas I suppose.

This Easter, each night leading up to Sunday we read a scripture and sang a primary song relating to Christ. The kids loved it. Thank you Friend Magazine for that! We also had egg hunts at school and at cousins homes. Then Easter morning came....

 Abigail and Brigham got up first. I should have recorded it. Their reactions were priceless. They Got candy and eggs as well as swim suits and sunglasses amid other little things. They slowly opened each thing with joy.

The Ninja "look what I got" pose


This little guy was so excited because he got Batman shoes and sunglasses. Good job Easter Bunny!

 Emily decided to wake up too. She didn't really know what was happening but it was still fun to watch her pull everything out and shake it. She is such a little doll



Her new "Gasses"

Little ruffle bottom

Our girls trying on their suits. Adorbs


 She is such a little ham. She was dancing and running around like she just had won the lottery.
Abigail, our Big Girl!
 My mom and Ron sent cards with money for the kids. After their baskets they each opened them. With the money inside we took them to the dollar store. That was hilarious. They thought it was amazing. We don't ever do anything like that and thus they loved it!!!
Briggs card


Opening the cards

Abby reading her Card
 Then it was time to get ready for church.  We didn't really have any special Easter clothes this year. I know some people go all out with that. It just didn't even cross my mind. So we dressed and had a little photo shoot before we headed to church. At church a friend told me that while some of the kids struggle to know what Easter was about Briggs raised his hand and told them all exactly! Proud momma.


Seriously. She is so old!


Brigham did not want to have his picture taken. But we managed to get a few out of him. What a little handsome dude.


We are so blessed



After church we headed to Grandma and Grandpas house. We had dinner and just enjoyed spending time together. By the days end we were all exhausted. The kids keep asking when Easter is coming again...

No comments:

Blog Archive