 |
| Loving the pool |
We left Albuquerque around 12 on Saturday and headed for Moab, Utah. We have driven through Moab on a number of occasions always commenting that we should stop. This time we did! We reserved a hotel and after about 5 and 1/2 hours we made it. Of course the first thing the kids wanted to do was swim and so we did. They love hotels and pools. I am pretty sure they like it even more then the destination we are there visiting.
 |
| Adorable |
 |
| Brigham was practicing swimming without a floaty |
 |
| Emily is pretty awesome at kicking and relatively independent in the water |
By the end of the day the kids were pooped. But the excitement of a Hotel was a bit much so it took them quite awhile to fall asleep. They were snuggling little tykes the whole time.
Seriously Adorable
The next morning we headed to Arches National Park. When you drive through Moab and the surrounding environment you get a glimpse as to what the park would be. I had no idea it would be so immense and absolutely breathtaking. It was amazing. I was so grateful to my Heavenly father for such creations. So much untouched land and formations was grand to behold. It was an even greater joy to see it up close. Yet another witness to me that there is a Father in Heaven who created all things.
 |
| Yes we had to be THAT family who stopped at the sign and made the kids take a picture! |
Pure Joy. The kids were constantly running off and climbing. They were in heaven. I was having a heart attack.
We went to one of the easier and shorter hikes but it was still tough. It was a really hot day but still totally worth it. All in all we hiked for about 3 hours.
 |
| Seth and Briggs |
My family. I love them so.
Abby was having way too much fun (despite her many falls)
 |
| Picture time! |
I am pretty sure the picture on the right is where I had a panic attack. The kids were at the very top and I was with them. However we were very close to the edge and there was a significant drop. I was so absolutely terrified they were going to fall to their death. Literally. As I sat there with them they were trying to move and crawl right next to the edge... it was one slip, one wrong step and bye bye. Normally Seth would have said no big deal, but I am pretty sure he saw the absolute terror in my face and heard it in my voice that he had the kids get down. I could barely move from fright. I can honestly say I have never been so scared in my entire life. I had tears in my eyes and I was shaking for a little while after. Needless to say I did let them climb a lot. Just in places where if they fell they would break something, not die.
 |
| Like here |
 |
| Hello |
 |
| A dad and his girls |
 |
| Amazing arches |
 |
| Everyone say UTAH! |
 |
| What are the chance of running into your first grade teacher out of state while hiking in a rural national park. I would say less than winning the lottery. |
.JPG) |
| My turn to pack Emily around |
.JPG) |
| Amazing |
.JPG) |
| Abby, Nems and I |
.JPG) |
| Little Cuties |
.JPG) |
| Not sure what I am doing, but I was probably yelling to "be careful!" |
.JPG) |
| Little stinker |
.JPG) |
| Smile I found a hole |
.JPG) |
| Handsome dude |
.JPG) |
| Look at Abby go. Freedom!!! |
After leaving Arches we headed back to the hotel, and what did we do?? Swim of course. We went swimming for about an hour and then packed up the car yet again to head to our final destination...Lindon Utah!!!
 |
4 Minutes after leaving the park
Briggs singing on the way to Aunt Codee's and Uncle Randy's house. |
No comments:
Post a Comment