| The red on his chest is blood :( |
Back in June Briggs was over at a friends house playing. Not 45 minutes later I got a call stating Briggs needed medical attention and stitches ASAP. I loaded all the kids (plus one, Abby had a friend over) and headed to asses the situation. On the way over I called Seth and Abby's friends mom to start lining things up. When I arrived it took just one look and I knew we were urgent care bound.
He was covered in blood and the wound was rather deep and big. I grabbed a bag of ice and off we went with 4 other kids in tow. Apparently he and his buddy were playing with kids golf clubs and were standing side by side and he got whacked. It was a complete accident :(
Seth met us at Urgent care and thankfully Abby's friends mom did too and was able to pick her up.
They applied some numbing meds and cleaning meds and it was time to wait. The other kids were restless and hungry because by now it was dinner time. Every mom bone in me wanted to stay and hold him. I was with Brigham the last time he had to have stitches and it was rather traumatic. I knew he would be much better for Seth and despite my desire to stay I took the other kids home for dinner as I paced and paced with anxiety.
According to Seth he was a trooper. The numbing meds didn't work great so they ended up having to give him a shot of numbing medicine. The wound was a pretty straight line and only 3 stiches were needed as it closed up really well.
After a few hour ordeal he finally made it home. Bruised, bloodied and stitched up.
What a little Stud
The final product of stiches
Then here he is a few days later still wearing the shiner proud.
Instead of taking him back to the doctor to take the stiches out we decided to have Seth do it. It was pretty easy especially since we have been through it before.
All pulled out and looking good. We are now about 2 months past this and he still has a pretty good scar on both his forehead and check. But he looks handsome no matter what and he has a good story to tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment