The summer was so crazy and so busy it just flew by and I didn't do much by way of blogging about it. With school out we searched for fun. Here are few of the highlights In June.
| Hyrum |
We spent a lot of time at the pools of course. Hyrum did not like it the first several times and only sat on the side with mom. But as the summer heated the pools and we went often he got more used to it and finally would get in without crying.
| Abby and little man |
We had some freak June rainstorms and there isn't much better than a hot rain for these kids!
Her little rain dance.
We had some friends who rented out the theatre and invited our family to see Finding Dory. We took one of Brigham's friends along as well. It was a cute movie and something different for the kids. We hardly ever see movies in the theater.
On the way home we stopped to see some long horns that reside near the movies.
We tried to get together with the cousins about once a week this summer. With great grandma living closer now we would all gather at her community pool and swim. She loved watching them all play together and the kids loved running amuck. We also would go back to her apartment and have lunch as she tried to tell stories from her life. It was somewhat successful as attention spans are limited.
When we redid our side fence I kept a lot of the old wood as I had some projects in mind. I finally embarked on one. I replaced the main pieces on the back. Sanded it, sawed off the rotted bottom pieces, added some hooks and turned it into Brigham's new head board.
I love how it turned out.
To finish off the month the Kids went to Vacation Bible school at Brigham's old preschool. It was so neat! Abby and Briggs had so much fun. They did so many crafts, games, instruction, music, snacks etc. Not a bad way to spend a few hours a day for 4 days! The theme was deep sea discovery and they are still singing the songs they learned there.
No comments:
Post a Comment