Well, back in Texas and everything is green. I left, and apparently it rained a lot. So much so on the approach to DFW I thought I had gotten on the wrong plane and had flown into Houston:)
The flight went well. The first half hour was an all out war between Abby and I. At one point I thought she drew blood. However, she can only resist the death grip so long before tiring. So she eventually fell asleep and stayed that way until we landed. It was great! But what was the best about it was flying above the earth and seeing all that the Lord created and staring into the huge clouds as we flew past them. They were so bright that I almost couldn't look. It made me think "thats heaven". So as I was gazing between the bright clouds and the earth I also had in my arms one of the greatest gifts from Heaven. If you know Abby, you know it isn't often that I can hold her while she sleeps, or for that matter while she is awake. She is such a little blessing in my life. Watching her chest rise and fall and her eyes move under her eyelids was just beautiful. I felt like I had the world in my arms and couldn't help but kiss her every few minutes. I am just thankful she is a part of my life.
The trip went well, I saw lots of family and a few friends. We had a good time visiting and of course eating. Its time to crash diet while I am home! I had an In and Out burger and some Round Table Pizza (Maui Zaoi) I have no idea how to spell that. I did miss Chevy's and Carls Jr. but I think I will live. Abby got to see so many family members she had never met which was nice, as did I. I met some cousins who I hadn't seen since they were born. We got some sun, saw the temple, stayed up late, watched some movies (stardust) I highly recommend and visited some more. It was great to see my mom, gma, Codee, Randy, Jay and all my aunts, uncles and cousins.
I have some pictures I will post later, once I sort through them. So thats that for now.
3 comments:
I am glad you are back! What a sweet moment you had on the plane...You are growing more spiritually - I can tell.
I was at the temple tonight and was thinking of you. Let me know if you need anything or help with Abby!
My Mom said you were fabulous! She just loves you! I can't believe you're back in Texas already...that flew by! Hope all is well on the home front. Sure miss you! and definitely LOVE YOU!
Isn't it amazing how sweet our little ones are when they are sleeping!
Post a Comment