Friday, June 26, 2009

Feeling the Nerves

Even though I am 28 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, the reality that there will be another little life to take care of hasn't quite settled in. However as time passes and I get new things for him, its beginning to create an internal frenzy of "holy crap we are going to have two kids!" Such as today when a new car seat pad came in the mail. Instead of buying a new car seat I bought a new cover which is more boy friendly. I did only have two patterns to choose from but I actually like it better than I did online.I also had this ebay gift certificate that my mom gave Abby for her Birthday, but I couldn't figure out what to buy. When I had Abby I borrowed my sisters Breast Friend and loved it. But now that she is in Utah I cant quite do that again, not to mention she just had her baby and needs it. So she suggested to look for one of those. I found one at half the price of retail that has never been used. Its not exactly boy colors but I don't care since I wont be toting it around. No worries to those who think "what a bad mom to use her daughters b-day gift" I got her something else that is equal.

All in all its the little things like this that make me realize how different life will be very shortly. Especially when I have my baby shower that my friend Maegan is throwing me, it will really start to weird me out. Anyway....

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I absolutely LOVE 'my breast friend'... saved my life when I had a c-section. I think the colors are fine :-) Yeah... it's getting closer to baby time!

Charla and Jarom said...

Um, Evan has a pink rocking chair in his room :) I always feel the need to tell people it came from Haleigh. I don't want them to think I actually bought a pink rocking chair for him! So your breast friend has hearts on it, I say who cares!

Danielle said...

where did you order the car seat cover from? i'm just curious... just in case my instincts are wrong and we have a boy this time. i've been looking around online and they're almost as much as buying a new car seat altogether, so i'm just wondering if i'm looking in the wrong places?

thanks!

JSL, ABE&H said...

Hey Danielle, You actually have to call the manufactutrer. So for me it was Graco. As far as prices, it was like 35-40 bucks for the cover and the new shade thingy. Hopefully that helps, but it was more expensive than I thought too.

Blog Archive