Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa

This is the first year we have taken Abby to see Santa and Brigham too I suppose. We were a little worried that she wouldn't want to sit with him, that she would cry or throw a fit. So we did a little preparatory work telling her about going to see Santa and having Santa's all around the house helped too. Not to mention her new found addiction to the movie The Polar Express, she watches it all the time and loves to see Santa.

So when I found out they were having Santa at work we decided to give it a shot not to mention that it was free. To our great surprise, Abby did wonderful. She was mildly hesitant at first but that was over quickly and she hopped right up on his lap. She was stroking his beard, asking what color his hat, boots, beard, etc. were. She gave him a big hug and said "I love you Santa." It was great. She really wouldn't leave him alone; every time another kid went to sit on his lap she wanted to go too and when there wasn't she was right back there bombarding him with questions.

Brigham was his perfect little self. He didn't care who was holding him. He just sat there like a good little kid. The whole experience was great. Now Abby keeps asking when Santa is coming to our house.

The Pictures are a little grainy since I had to scan them in but overall they turned out pretty good for a Walgreen's photo shoot. Briggs and Santa
Abby asking Santa about his glasses

Attempting to get Abby to look at the camera and not Santa Finally she looks but without a smile of course.The pair of them with Old Saint Nick.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad it went well! those are GREAT pictures! I really love the first 2!!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

They are so cute.

THE BELLS said...

Jay is still anti santa...juat bring me the gifts and leave please....

Blog Archive