Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Working Girl

As most of you know our circumstances in life are not the best right now. Seth has been out of a job for over a month and despite his relentless attempts to find something it seems that nothing is panning out. Thus a few weeks ago I was shopping in the old Walgreen's I used to work at over 5 years ago, and to my surprise, the same manager worked there. We got to talking and he asked if I needed a job. I was not exactly looking at that point but I said maybe. He told me he didn't have anything at his store but he would let me know if something came up. Less than 1 week later he called me because he did have an opening in his store and he wanted me to take it. It was a tough decision. The pay isn't great and I would have to leave the kids, something that I really didn't want to do. But at this point I can't turn down money. The store is really close to where I am currently living and so I again have joined the working world. My first official day was December 5th and the ensuing first week was really though. I worked close to 35 hours in the first 4 days. Honestly it could be worse. The hardest part is being away from Abby and Briggs for so long, its like leaving my heart at home. Despite pumping at work ( which is awesome :( ) I am still starting to loose my milk. I miss my family all day, I missed Abby's first #2 potty, and I miss Brigham's little face, since he changes so much every day. But at this point I count my blessings. We have a roof over our head (thanks to my dad and Cindy) and food to eat. Seth has been a trooper taking care of the kids, looking for jobs and being a great husband. So that is why if you call, I don't answer and it takes me days to do anything anymore. By the time my day ends I just want to crawl into bed and sleep.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

awww, lacey, i'll be honest and say that it sucks, but you're doing what you need to do for your family, and that's what counts! i hope things turn around and that seth can find something soon. we'll be praying for y'all.

if you care - that really sucks about losing your milk - BLAH. i have some fenugreek leftover from the mads that hasn't expired - if you're interested, let me know. be sure you're drinking lots of water, etc. but even if not, try not to worry too much (easier said than done, i know).

Kristina said...

You're amazing and you will be blessed for all your hard work. It is tough when life makes you go with Plan B. But everything works out. I can't believe how big Brigham is getting! And yeah for #2 potty's!!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love you, Lace. Hang in there. You are wonderful!

Liza A Martin said...

Sorry that things are rough right now. We will keep you and your family in our prayers! Sorry to hear about your milk supply too! Did you bf Abby? You can take a More Milk supplement to boost supply. I worked a bit when Lily was born and I HATED pumping. Good for you for pumping! You are a great mom! And I was going to comment on your last post that the kids are SO beautiful! They look so similar!

andi said...

All I have to say is WAY TO GO. All of that is so hard (and pumping on top of it...you KNOW how I feel about that! And I can share your pain...) You are an awesome mom!

Blog Archive