Still incapable of downloading pictures. It is utterly frustrating. So many things have happened, like Abby and Seth's birthday's, fun at the splash park, cuties in Sunday clothes, the march of dimes march for babies etc...
Some of the strangest things happen to me as you might recall from this post entitled bodies.
The other night while at work before we closed the doors we took a head count of employees vs the number of cars in the parking lot. We noticed there was one car out there that shouldn't be.
While we finished up the night and began to leave at 1030pm I noticed that the car was still there and also not parked inside the lines. I kept staring at it because something seemed off. I then told my manager that I thought someone was in the car. She didn't think so. I persisted and I said "no I really think someone is in that car." From where we were standing with poor lighting it was hard to tell but I knew! She thought it looked as though the seat had been tilted forward and it was the head rest. So we decided to get in our cars with the doors locked and check it out. You never know what kinda creeps could be hanging about.
The result? There was a lady hunched over the steering wheel completely passed out with open food containers in her lap. I got out my phone ready to call 911. We knocked on the passenger side of the window with no response. I then called 911. We walked around to the drivers side and knocked on the window with no response. At this point I am thinking "heart attack!"
So while I am beginning to tell the 911 operator the details Holly pulls on the door handle and its unlocked and it opens. We are both right there and the lady suddenly comes to and flails her arms and scares the daylights out of us. Literally my heart skipped a beat. We tell her we are concerned for her and ask if she is OK. To which she is saying "yes I am fine I just fell asleep." But, adamantly saying she is OK. The 911 operator asks me if I can smell alcohol and I cant 1. I cant smell because I am clogged and 2. I walked away a little to not give away the fact that I was on the phone with 911. But I manage to get from Holly that Yes, she smells something.
I convey all this to the operator and the lady decides its time to go and starts her engine. The operator asks if its her car and I say yes. He says "can you delay her without putting yourself in danger?" and I said possibly? So Holly knocks on her window again and ask some further questions about her health and where she is going but our stalling has run it course. She is ready to leave so the operator tells me to watch where she goes. Thankfully as she is pulling out the police arrive and cut her off.
One talks to her while the other takes our statements. We leave and the next day they come and get written statements from us of the events for their case against her.
The conclusion? The officer told me that if we hadn't stopped her she would have killed someone for sure, she was more than double the legal limit drunk!
What a way to end a night.
4 comments:
oh my gosh, lacey! you are like, crime fighter extraordinaire!!! wow! way to go. i'm so glad you were safe though, that's pretty scary!!
You always have the craziest luck!!
Oh my goodness, you have the craziest things happen to you!
Way to save some lives, Lace!
You saved someone's life! Hero Lacey.
Post a Comment