Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sick of being Sick!

This is a long blog about me being sick...don't feel bad if you do not read it. Its just something I wanted to remember(who knows why).

Today is the first time I have been on the computer in a week. I couldn't even muster enough energy to sit here and do a darn thing. Last Thursday night I started with a cough and the next morning I woke up feeling pretty crummy. Thankfully my mother in law had taken Abby over night so I only had to take care of Briggs. Who, when he is by himself, is rather easily entertained and not to hard to take care of. But as the day wore on the more horrible I began to feel. Abby had soccer practice Friday night and I didn't quite know how I was going to manage Briggs out in the heat with Abby, literally. Seth had school this weekend only complicating matters. Thankfully, when Cheri dropped Abby off she offered to take Briggs for the night which was a great relief. One at a time. That's all I could take. I took Abby to practice which took every ounce of energy I had. I barely made it to the car without stopping for a rest. It was painful. I had just gotten Abby into the shower when Seth came home from school early and, no joke, I almost started to cry. I was exhausted!

Saturday morning Abby had her first soccer game ever. Which I will post about later. But, I was pretty much a zombie. I walked like a 100 year old and felt like one too. Thankfully again Cheri and Russ came which helped a lot and put the kids down for a nap. I turned on a movie for Abby and as Briggs slept I tried to as well. Which is difficult when you wake up gasping for air dripping with sweat. I was sure I wasn't going to make it until Seth came home from school. I was going from chills to sweats all the time and I had little ability to move. Thankfully he was able to head home early and take care of me and the kids. Again, tear.


Later that day I headed to the Doc who diagnosed me with Bronchitis, with a lot of fluid in both ears. I had loss of appetite/fever/chills/aches/difficulty breathing etc. They kept asking me if I had asthma, which I do not. But due to the difficulty I was having breathing and the extreme effort it took to walk because of the exhaustion I am sure it sounded like it. They gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. I thought for sure once those were in my system I would be good in 1-2 days. Usually this is the case. Not this time.


Sunday is a blur, I spent the better part of it asleep or trying not to die. That's how I spent most nights too. Then Monday I woke up and immediately called my OB to notify them what was going on and to see if there was anything else I should be taking. They gave me a list of all the over the counter things I should also take and I began treatment with those immediately. Thankfully my sister had Monday off so she came and hung out, then while Briggs was asleep she took Abby to the movies so I could get some rest too. Very helpful!


Yet, Tuesday rolls around and I still feel like death. I had a friend come and take Abby for the day which was a huge help!!!At this point since Thursday night I am pretty sure I hadn't slept more than 45 minutes to and hour continuously. Again, coughing gasping for air. I called the OB and told them what was going on. It was a day's worth of phone calls but eventually they called in an inhaler and cough syrup, which literally brought me to tears. I thought "this is it, i am going to sleep tonight!" I was wrong. So disappointing.

I kept telling Seth "I am so sick of being sick" and "I just want to stop coughing" But if wishes were fishes right? Then comes Wednesday....a day with both kids... all day. I was incapable still of doing much so the day was really hard. Abby kept asking to go places and she ended up spending a lot of time at war with me. Which drained me of any energy I had. It was exhausting. Thankfully my super friend and visiting teacher brought us dinner this night which was just the thing I needed. I swear it was actually what started my recovery.

Today, Thursday again. Last night I actually slept for two whole hours straight! I was so excited. Abby had "meet the teacher" today and it was a very hard day. Because of my lack of energy and inability to breath it took a great amount of effort to do this. Carrying Briggs around and being in the heat a little wore me down fast. It was all I could do not to pass out. We got home rested a little and Abby watched a movie while Briggs and I napped. Abby had soccer practice tonight and Seth was here to take her (phew) there was no way I was capable of that. Again another lovely friend and visiting teacher brought dinner and saved the day. What would I do without all these people who helped me? I know, probably have died.

We shall see what tomorrow brings. Abby is already asking what we are doing and I doubt it will be much. I am still coughing and it still takes effort to do physical things. But, I can tell I am actually starting to feel human again. I feel bad for poor baby. All the meds I have been taking couldn't be doing her any favors:(

Thanks again to everyone who has helped us out. You know who you are. Much love.

2 comments:

Crysta said...

Did they test you for pneumonia??? This is exactly how I felt when I was diagnosed! Or maybe whooping cough? So sorry you are feeling so crappy, we battled strep and flu here for 3 weeks...all 4 kids! Thankfully Chris and I have stayed well! At least Abby didn't throw up in your lap. :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

Oh you poor thing! I am so, so sorry that you're feeling so sick! It sounds like you've been through hell and back. I wish I were there to help and take the kiddos.

I hope this upcoming weeks brings some happiness or at least healthiness. You're in my thoughts and prayers, Lace. Love you so much!

Blog Archive