Saturday, August 4, 2012

Crisis Averted

Little stinker
This past week both my sister Cassidee and step sister Robin, and her two kids Hunter and Lexi, were in town. We took the opportunity to spend some time at the pool with all the kids. It was hot but the kids had a good time. We swam, played in the splash park and went down the slides. Then it was time for some food. We got the kids out and ate some rather unhealthy nachos. I  reapplied sunscreen to my extra white kids and was about to head back to the pool. I finished with Abby and then Briggy and began to apply it to my pasty self. I told Brigham to wait because he didn't have his float on. I turned my back for a second and the next thing I know Brigham jumps in. 
There was no thought process I just ran to get him. Right near the edge, its nice and slippery and I have one flip flop on,  I slip and my rear hits the edge of the pool before I go in. I don't think Brigham even knew what happened  He was completely fine. Looking like "how did you get in the pool mom and why are you holding me."  I on the other hand have a bruise on my rear that looks like someone threw a 100 mile an hour soft ball at it. I think it is the worst bruise I have ever had in my life, and that says a lot.

 Of course Brigham has no fear of the water, my worst nightmare. He then refused to wear the float stating he could swim.  He kept pushing me away and saying "let me swim!" Little stinker. He started crying because he couldn't go off the diving board too. So to try and teach him I would let him go and he would sink like a brick, be under for a bit and come up completely unfazed. That kid, he about gave me a heart attack. At least he is cute :)

The fish

Lexi

Little Cutie

Briggs and I

Model shot

Love that face

I love this picture because look how hard they are struggling to get away from me!

Shes black shes white

Playing Pirates

No comments:

Blog Archive