Friday, August 24, 2012

Utah- Part 1

Soon after our trip to Houston  Emily and I headed to Utah. We have been wanting to visit for some time. We were supposed to go up there the week before Seth got his new job, then of course we couldn't (for good reason). Thus, I was disappointed. My sisters had never met Emily and it had been over a year since I saw Codee's family and of course my extended family. I would love for Seth and the kids to come but it wasn't in the cards. 

Thankfully our Texas family was willing to take care of Abby and Briggs while I was gone. Thanks again for that! We left on Wednesday and it was a long day. I had a scheduled layover in Denver. Then we we were about to take off and the engine wouldn't work. We headed back to the gate, stayed on the plane for another hour and then deplaned and waited another 2 hours. Thankfully Emily was a super trooper!!!!

The next day, I visited one of my best friends Liz and her kids. We met up at Cabelas and let the kids wander around while we visited. We also ate lunch there which was surprisingly good. It was fantastic to see her. It made me want her as my neighbor again :(

Then that night my Mom, Grandma and Aunt Karen drove up from California to see Emily too since my Aunt Karen and Gram haven't met her either. Here are a few snap shots from the day...
Emily being good at Cabelas

Liz and I

Molly her daughter took this pic, not to bad for a 5 year old

Molly and Calvin

Emily and her cousin Cortland

Love these kids. Look they are almost the same size. Cort just turned one.

Aunt Codee and the kids. Look at Corts face!

Nice to meet you.

Jay- too cool

1 comment:

Blog Archive