Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve


This year we did most of the Christmas celebrating as a family. Meaning, just our family. It was the first year that I can recall that it has just been us on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Morning. It was really different, but really nice at the same time. We lit the fire, played Christmas music, had dinner (the traditional Breakfast for Dinner) and commenced some other activities. First was Making Gingerbread houses. Nothing fancy for us, just some frosting and graham crackers.  However it quickly went from making them to consuming them in a very short time period.

Whats happening

Hmm this looks edible

Mom, don't look. I am about to do something

It has been discovered that they are edible.

Building ended

Gag. I don't even think they got the walls up.

Who needs Graham crackers?

 
After the eating fest, it was time for the Manger scene reenactment.  The kids really wanted to do this. I do have to say, It was rather adorable


Abby was Mary, Emily was baby Jesus and Briggs, of course, was Joseph.


On the way to Bethlehem, Pregnant Mary

Joseph Leading the way

A baby is Born in a stable. I Love this Picture!
 Then it was time for bed. The kids could not wait for Santa to come. So many questions. But they went to sleep rather well given the anticipation. It was time for Santa to come. Looks like he left some Snowy foot prints when he ate his cookies and milk. He ate, left the stocking's and presents and went on his merry way.



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love it all! Glad you guys had an enjoyable Christmas!

Blog Archive