Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Advent Calendar

Drinking eggnog
This year instead of candy in the Advent calendar I tried to be a little more creative. Everyday we have been trying to do something. I wanted my kids to really feel what Christmas means. We wake up every morning and see what the calendar says to-do.  Some days its as simple as saying something  nice to someone, others do a service. We have made Stars and discussed their meaning in Christmas, colored manger scenes and a few others. Of course there have been days of playing the Wii as a family and watching a movie, as well as watching the video of the birth of our Savior, scripture reading and just playing games. It has been pretty fun and the kids have enjoyed it thus far. Naturally I couldn't take pictures of everything, but here are a few of the things we have done so far.

Look at that Manger

Yep I can color

Good assist Dad

Cutie

Quite the artist

Displayed art work

Coloring and cutting

Nems loves to color

The Star

Abbys Nativity

The Star
Here are some videos of Playing the Wii as a family. Thankfully Abby didn't get one of Seth and I duking it out. That would have been embarrassing.



No comments:

Blog Archive