Friday, July 10, 2009

The Terrible Two's

I have decided that the terrible two's is not a correct statement. Thus I have renamed them the Horrific Two's. I really thought it was bad 2 months ago, but boy was I wrong. I knew Abby had some personality mixed with the stubbornness of a mule but never thought she could do some of the things she does. Daily there is at least one 45 minute meltdown where she wails, flails and screams a blood curdling scream, for the entire time. Throw in some biting, kicking, attempts at eating the crib, and of course the kick the crib as hard as you can, and you have an idea. Always once a day but sometimes or most times several times a day. Believe me I have done everything I can think of to try to curb this, but nothing works. Thus I put her in her room until she stops. Really she only does this with me, which is infuriating. She does it some with Seth but not to the degree with me. Why oh why is all I have to say. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry depending on my day but it truly is frustrating. Who knows what sets her off, sometimes I have no idea but others I know its because I am not giving her exactly what she wants. The joys of mother hood. I have officially decided not to take her with me grocery shopping because of a completely awful and humiliating experience with her. Not to mention I cant take it physically either, sometimes she bolts and I have to chase after her. Not good for the whole pregnancy thing. Or one swift kick from her and Brigham is born. Believe me she has come very close. Anyway.....if you have any suggestions let me know. One last tid bit, she can fake it with the best of them. There is a definite difference. For instance she was throwing one of her classic tantrums in the car. The entire ride at full throttle, then we pulled into the complex and went over a speed bump and she says "Yee Haw" and laughs. Then as soon as she says it she's back at it with the over the top tantrum. Little goof.
This is not to say she is awful all the time because she is awesome the rest of the time. In the between time she is loving, sweet and keeps me entertained. I suppose that's another reason its hard because she can be so good. She says some of the funniest things sometimes. Pretty much everyday when you ask her what she wants to do she says "soggy" which interpreted means Sonic. She is definitely her Fathers daughter. She also loves to drink Seth's ginger ale, you can pretty much bribe her with that for anything. Also for some reason she loves to watch the guys who come mow the lawn in the complex, if I am lucky enough for them to come while she is awake I am thankful. I open her window and she occupied for a good 45 minutes. She is so cute in the mornings too, we wake up, sit on the couch with a bowl of cereal and juice and watch some Backyardigans. Of course she reminds me if I forget to get her blankey so she can snuggle. Overall I love her madly even though she drives me mad sometimes.


A day in the life of Abby in Pictures
Happy as a clam on her scooter (thanks grandma Jody)
Time to come inside....the ensuing tantrum. She stayed at the bottom of the stairs for a while like this.Taking some photos in her new shirt and being shy...
There was also a tantrum thrown after this because after 15million times of showing the pictures to her I turned the camera off and that's just the spark she needed. I should have grabbed some pictures but I was too worn out.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh you poor thing. I will remember you and this when I think I'm having a bad day. Hannah throws little tantrums but isn't really violent (she sometimes hits and bites, but not too often). I'm surprised you haven't had your baby yet because of stress or something else Abby related. I'm glad you still love her though. :) And I am certain she will grow out of it--I just don't know when. Maybe a new baby will bring out her sweet side even more!

THE BELLS said...

What is her hair doing in those tantrums? Rockadoodle. You know I have no input seeing as Abby is a little angel for me :)

Ashley Christensen said...

Lacey I needed a nap after just READING your story. You must be so exhausted! You are such a good mom, can't wait to meet you little guy. Are you naming him Brigham? Wish I could help with advice. Love you!

Kristina said...

You're definitely not alone. I know those tantrums very well. I can't tell you she'll outgrow it though because Grant is 3 1/2. She is super cute though :-) I just love her shy picture, adorable!

Charla and Jarom said...

Hmmm, I just don't know what to say. Evan's pretty mellow like his dad. I think girls are just more emotional by nature. I'm totally hard core with Evan. He doesn't get away with nothing! He'll sit on his bed all day if that's what it takes. I will put that kid back in time out a hundred times if I have to to get my point across and I will take away all his toys if I have to :) Usually I just have to take one to get my point across but I find that threatening to take away a toy or a movie, whatever they're favorite one is at the moment works wonders with Evan. At the grocery store, it's donut or no donut :) He's learned that he wants the donut! Good luck, sorry I'm not much help. Hang in there!

Blog Archive