A few weeks ago Abigail had a little run in, literally. She ran into the counter. I wasn't there so I am not sure exactly how it happened but it boils down to that. I am not all that surprised really. She does things like that regularly.
Abigail is a pretty tough cookie. She cries at times but usually calms down rather quickly. She wanted to come home but didn't want to be driven and requested that I come pick her up. NOT NORMAL for Abby in the slightest. Even though at first sight it didn't look all that terrible, I decided to head straight for urgent care for kids, because you know of all days this happened on a Sunday.
The Doctor didn't think it was broken on his initial exam but decided to get an x-ray just to be safe. Sure enough he collar bone was completely broken. She did pretty well through it all but by the time a few hours had past she was not happy. The bone basically looked like a T in her chest. The bone was broken in such a way he thought it might need to be manipulated back to heal properly. So we were referred to a childrens orthopedist who thankfully said that wasn't necessary. She was screaming and yelling at the nurse and doctor as they tried to stabilize her shoulder. She wasn't in pain she just didn't want to wear the dang thing. Little stinker. They gave some good pain meds, an arm stabilizing sling and we were good.
After many hours between docs and the pharmacy it was a long day to say the least. And the days following were equal especially because the very next day I had to take Briggs into the doc and surprise surprise he had a double ear infection and a sinus infection.
Abby has done remarkable well considering. She is a little champ. She isnt pleased however that she cannot participate in gym at school and has to go back for a follow up in a few weeks. But alas, such is life.
1 comment:
Those darn collarbones! She seemed back to her usual self last week :) Aren't you glad kids are so resilient??
Post a Comment