 |
| Grandma Imogene and Grandpa Ted |
While visiting Utah I received the news that my grandpa Ted passed away. In all honesty it was rather shocking. I knew his health was poor, and he had sever Alzheimer's but I thought he had time left. I have a lot of memories of my grandpa mostly when I was child but they are good. Sometime while I was young I gave him a little cookie monster figurine. That cookie monster was in every vehicle he drove. I remember him gluing it to several different dashboards. Any time he came to visit he would take me out to his car to see it. He had it for as long as I can remember. After he passed I tried to get it but apparently it was in a car that was stolen fairly recently. Sad.
 |
| What a hunk |
Its unfortunate that as I had a family and lived far away my opportunities to visit were few and far between. It had been too long since I had seen him and I feel terrible. I had been told that he didn't really know anyone any more but that is no excuse. The last time I saw him he was frail but still going strong. He lived a life of most men filled with highs and lows and I am thankful for Judith his wife and my Aunt Dana who took great care of him in his final days. I am very sad at his loss, but I have a knowledge of the Atonement and of Jesus Christ and I know I will see him again. I also know he has his mind and his body back and I am grateful that he is free from that bondage. God be with you til we meet again. We love you.

His memorial was in Arizona and I flew out there to attend. It was a beautiful funeral celebrating his life and reminiscing about good times. Mostly family spoke and there was beautiful music. It was a rather emotional day but it was bittersweet because we got to have a little family reunion as well.
 |
| A very touching ceremony. |
After the funeral the Relief Society in his ward provided us with a great meal and a place to be together. It was very kind of them.
 |
| My dad came from Albuquerque and Cass and Codee came from Utah |
 |
| The three Amigos. Aunt Gerdy, Aunt Betty and Grandma Imogene |
 |
| The cope clan |
 |
| Group photos |
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| One of the coats my Grandpa always wore. Fond memories |
Lucky for all the family my Aunt Kayleas brother lives near where the funeral was held. He and his family were out of town but they opened their home to all of us out of towners. We were able to spend the evening together. We ate, played games and enjoyed some family time that hasn't been had in years.
 |
| Coral is the new color |
 |
| Ash and I playing some sort of dance game |
No comments:
Post a Comment