Sunday, July 5, 2009

Melted

Today while eating breakfast with Abby, this is the conversation we had:

Abby: "Mommy"

Lacey: "Yes Abby"

Abby: " I wuv you"

Lacey: "I love you too!!!!"

This is significant because this is the first time she has told me completely on her own, without prompting, and no previous mention of it... since we had just woken up. I was so speechless and excited I gave her a big hug. I think she liked this reaction because then she told me like 20 more times. One of the joys of being a mom. I melted.

1 comment:

Francais Frit said...

oh the best!
makes all the trials sort of melt away too... the tantrums, the messes, the frustration.

Today was one of the first times Elliot ever said "No" when I offered to do something with him. I guess I hit the top of the arch and now we are coming back down- I remember the days of unprompted I love yous.... farwell to those for another decade. haha

Blog Archive