ABBY:
I really ended up liking the new dentist I found for Abby so I was happy the other guy cancelled. Abby was so excited to be there she just kept asking when she was going to look at her teeth. However true to Abby's nature she christened the dentist office straight away with a wonderful aroma in her pants. After a quick diaper change we were ready to go. But as soon as the dentist began talking to her, she decided she wasn't quite sure she wanted to have her teeth looked at anymore. Thus no good pictures due to the fact she was clinging to me the rest of the appointment. I held her while the dentist looked at her teeth and low and behold, no cavities! She said her tooth looked dead and it was probably dead because of a fall or something in the past and not to worry about it unless it pains her. Phew! I thought she was going to have to have her tooth pulled. She let the dentist look at her teeth however she screamed at the top of her lungs the whole time. It was odd, although the staff seemed to think it was rather hilarious. After a quick fluoride treatment we were done.
Discovering they gave her a new purple tooth brush.
BRIGGS:
For Brigham things were rough. We got the doctor and she said she wanted to put him on a breathing treatment right there in the office. So we sat there for 20 minutes trying to get him breathing on the nebulizer which had medicine in it to help clear his air passages, a medicine that's often used for asthmatics. However I was informed that even though his symptoms were similar to asthma that in children under two it is not called asthma and thus she called it something similar to bronchitis. After his round on the nebulizer she came back to listen to him again and he sounded a little better. Thus she then scheduled a follow up appointment for the next day, sent us home with a breathing machine and several prescriptions. Some meds for the machine, some steroids and antibiotics. He still sounds awful and I hope these meds start to kick in soon. The follow up appointment went well she said he sounded better and to continue treatment. Now its just a waiting game. He is however 4 months now and weighs a whopping 16.4 lbs.
These are all the things I need for Briggs
He was not very fond of the face mask, it was a little big even though it was for kids, thus we tried the mouth piece.
He has to have these treatments for 5 days every 6 hours :(
Poor little guy, I feel so bad.
4 comments:
Sorry yall have had such a rough week, if you need anything let me know!!! Love you!
Ohhhh, poor little dude! There's a lot of respiratory junk going around- but at least you found a good doctor- hope things settle down a little bit!!
oh that's crazy! Poor little guy, I know too many kids doing breathing treatments right now! I hope he's getting better.
PS I make time to do crafts during naptime/quiet time in the afternoon and then bedtime (and they go to bed at 7 or 7:30).
Henry was about that age when we found out about his asthma, too. He has had to have breathing treatments every time he gets even a tiny case of the sniffles. Sounds like Brigham probably has about the same kind of Asthma. Luckily it doesn't flare up unless He is sick already... so it's not TOO horrible.
Post a Comment